Many women struggle with breakouts in the days prior to their period. The increase in hormones can stimulate oil glands to produce more sebum, and pores can get clogged.
Here are some easy ways to help decrease the monthly breakouts:
1. Maintain a consistent skin-care routine – keep your skin free of bacteria
2. Clean your cellphone, make-up brushes, and any other items that come in regular contact with your skin
3. Use a good toner and a gentle cleanser that contain anti-inflammatory ingredients
4. Use a retinol cream that helps clear clogged pores
5. Steer clear of high-sugar/high-fat foods which can increase sebum production and promote inflammatory responses in the body