Yes, we’re still in a drought, so having an indulgent bath isn’t an option, but that doesn’t mean you can’t find a happy compromise. Load shedding is the perfect ‘excuse’ to focus on YOU and allow yourself some time to get to those things you’ve been putting off for a while. Settle in for an evening of spoils.
Light a few candles, bring out the incense or essential oils & create a calm, relaxing atmosphere, pour a glass of wine… or whiskey. If you’ve got battery power on your phone, put on your favourite playlist. Order Uber Eats, and have dinner brought straight to your door.
Now you’re ready for pampering
- Start with a facemask – you can use a commercial product, or create one at home using items in your grocery cupboard (there are hundreds of DIY recipes on Google)
- You can also try out a hair mask
- Exfoliate and moisturise your hands and feet
- Give yourself a mani/pedi
- Don’t forget the chocolate